Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Social Natures” WG

Here are our thoughts right now...

a) A WG join a part of the members of SSF for particular proposes. To participate (or to get out) of the WG SSFers do say so to the manager of the WG (responsible for the website). The products of the WG will be presented whenever WG thinks is the occasion. Anyone, SSFer or not, can visit the website and take a guess about WG is working on.

b) I do not believe sociology solve social problems. I believe sociology can help to solve social problems within multidisciplinary approach to problems. That is my understanding of the better part of positivism proposes to the XIXth century. For doing so, I believe sociology needs to open to other sciences and practices, such as normative and therapeutic sciences and practices. This is different from mainstream sociological approach which prefers priority to economics, politics and cultural dimensions. I am not saying that the social natures thematic will solve better social problems and should be an alternative to mainstream sociology. I am saying that, as sociology is a multiparadigmatic science, we should try to give a chance to this discussion. Why? Because the world is changing from burocratic to net like organization pattern and sociology must adapt developing net like theories.

As you see, is a long conversation. I do not claim to solve the problems of the world. But I feel I think better since I follow this approach. It is easier for me to understand why there are so many prisoners around the world, what is the meaning and the relevance of Human Rights and why Equality as a social value need to be address again but in other terms than in the Cold War. I am working on this and I am happy that other people accept to discuss it with me. My work is writing it down in a way people understand what I feel and I mean. I hope it will able the WG to organize a good discussion and be prepared to accept challenges from other sociological points of view.

melhores cumprimentos

APD


De: alieh shekarbeygi [mailto:a_shekarbeugi@yahoo.com]
Enviada: terça-feira, 27 de Março d
e 2007 9:33
Para: The SSF mailing list
Assunto: RE: [ssf] who knows who and what are we!

Greeting comrades and Judith:

Since I have read the matters about of new working group, I thought working group is to work about of subjects that are social problems and common between people in world. But, now, probably, I think, the working group is the conclusions of discussions of group in ssf ,that is published as a article ,so if is it correct ,in first ,when we to start to discussions ,in my thinking we have to know , what is the tools of measurement of discussion there are ?,for example ,what is “social natures” and what is defense this concept? what is our goals about this subject that we will want to start to working group? So, in begin of discussion ,I think we have to know what is goals and ,every body of us to try on base the principal of announcement ,explanation the means of her or his mind for the characterizes of the subject such as “social natures”. You know us, to cause of common interesting to arguments of sociological, I think all of the member’s of ssf interested to participation on discussions, so in end, I don’t to know, am I have understood your idea about “working group”? Or not?

In my opinion ,had better again “Antonio Pedro Dores “to explanation his ideas about this work on format of scientific ,whatever ,pointed to a new site ,but I think that explanation is less and indefinite.

By Best Regard

Alieh shekarbagy of Iran



Ant󮩯 Pedro Dores <Antonio.Dores@iscte.pt> wrote:

The website working group you visit has a goal: at the end, July 2007, I and Robert hope to present to you an article about what we think together about “social natures” as a sociological tool. That is it.

Our discussion is public and can be followed and commented by other people. It is, never the less, a private discussion which includes only the people who wants to do it. Our conclusions do not oblige SSF ers.

melhores cumprimentos

APD


De: ali tayi [mailto:ali.tayefi@gmail.com]
Enviada: domingo, 25 de Març¯ de 2007 20:04
Para: The SSF mailing list
Assunto: Re: [ssf] who knows who and what are we!

It's so ambiguous! I saw the "working group of SSF" but I don't understand what we want to do!? May be my English language is poor or the Social nature is a young concept! Ok we can test a new channel to do some thing whether theory or practice ones. But there is still a question that Rodney proposed: what and who is Sociologist without borders? These are some drafts to answer that:

  1. Theoretical approach (internal-subjective function). SSF ers is the academic and critical assembly which their core duties are critic any conservative theories and schools in the sociology and ever social theory and they debate many discussion and establish some courses to teach radical and critical sociology for their audiences.
  2. Trade union approach (internal-objective function ). SSF ers are sociologists who want to defend their colleagues in the world without any borders from geographical, national, political and working or studying aspect to religious, ethnic, class status and gender division ones! This approach is now under force by the resolution and other ways.
  3. Social alliances approach (external-subjective function). We all SSF ers, as I understand that, have come together for some common values: resistance against neo-liberal globalization, peace, social justice between people, and strengthening of civil society in front of government and etc. Therefore our duty has value grounds and biases and I think it is inevitable. In the globalization process, SSF and other without borders are the unavoidable reflexive and trans-borders organizations which can alliance with other TBOs in the other disciplines and fields.
  4. Social issues approach (external-objective function). SSF ers are sociologists who want to walking and watching on the borders to propound and beware all international ORGs and NGOs about social issues and problems whether at present or in future such as massacre (Darfur), hunger people, women and children smuggling, discrimination against immigrants, minorities, militant abuse of children, oppression of intellectuals and freedom activists, censorship, digital abusing and etc. In this approach we can use some Medias to broadcasting our protest and warning or recalling to alliance.

In finally, I think we can get all of above orientations, but as Rodney told we are drop, although we can ripple ocean, and we must be preference them. As I want to prefer are 2 and 4 !

No comments: